There are lots of ways you can get involved with the Stormrunning Challenge 2014 besides making a donation.
Throughout the year I will be working with a number of people, groups, companies and organisations to achieve three aims: raising awareness of what Kidscape does, raising money for Kidscape to continue the terrific work it does, and bringing a bit of fun and a smile to plenty of children (of all ages!).
My job, or at least my main job, is fairly simple: train to run several marathons and half marathons throughout 2014 wearing a fully accurate stormtrooper costume weighing 25 lbs. Simples, as they say.
But that’s only the very beginning. Running marathons doesn’t help charities unless a huge number of people step forward and support what we’re trying to achieve. Obviously we need donations, lots and lots of donations, and I really hope that as many people as possible find the odd pound, dollar or Euro to throw into the bucket. But that’s far from being all we need.
Ways in which you could help be a part of it
You know your strengths, talents, abilities, knowledge and contacts far better than we do, so you’ll almost certainly have ideas which we wouldn’t have even considered. So please, if you can think of any possible idea, no matter how big, how small or how weird, we’d love to hear from you. You can get in touch through our simple contact page, or even through Twitter and Facebook.
To give you a few ideas, here are some of the ways people can become involved with Stormrunning 2014:
- Providing transport, accommodation or refreshments to, from or at events
- Attending events to help collect donations, hand out leaflets and organise photo opportunities for children
- Advertising, marketing and spreading the word
- Providing a venue for a running event or publicity event
- Requesting a real Stormtrooper to attend your function, fête, fair or other special occasion in return for a donation or collections/publicity opportunity
- Joining me for a run dressed either as a Stormtrooper or other character from Star Wars
- Designing, printing or producing publicity materials
- Helping to attract the attention of the media, including TV, radio, local newspapers and magazines
This is just a short list of initial ideas we have had – there are almost certainly many hundreds of other possible ways in which you can help. Please do get in touch, I’d love to hear your ideas and suggestions!
Thanks again for taking the time to consider getting involved with this exciting challenge!